What is an Infrared Sauna?
Infrared saunas use a special type of light to create a heated environment that enables the elimination of toxins, enhanced pain relief, continued relaxation after a massage, and many other types of health benefits. Like traditional saunas, an infrared sauna uses heat to effect positive changes in your body. The primary difference between an infrared sauna and traditional sauna is that an infrared sauna works to gently heat only your body, while a traditional sauna heats the entire space, which can lead to experiencing uncomfortably high temperatures. Learn how time spent in an infrared sauna can positively impact your own health.
Benefits of Infrared Sauna Therapy
Infrared light saunas imbue your entire body with gentle and beneficial heat, which can enable you to experience healing and overall well-being from head to toe. Consider these advantages of infrared sauna use.
1. Detoxification: the heat generated in your body during your time in an infrared sauna enables the shedding of toxins. When your core heats and you begin to sweat, toxins like heavy metals and chemicals are released.
2. Anti-Aging and Skin Purifications: your skin can tell the truest story of your overall health. Premature wrinkling, acne, psoriasis and other blemishes can be the result of toxins and bacteria negatively impacting your body. Time in an infrared sauna can help release issues hidden in your skin and make you look – and feel – younger and healthier!
3. Pain Relief: many different medical issues lead to the pain you feel in your body, including arthritis, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, lupus and migraine headaches. A visit to an infrared sauna can promote muscle relaxation, reduce joint inflammation, and remove toxins that may be exacerbating pain.
4. Relaxation: heat from an infrared sauna works to directly combat cortisol, keeping this hormone in check to reduce the feeling of stress and promote relaxation throughout your body.
5. Cell Health: infrared heat can enable the continuous cleansing of your circulatory system plus the release of toxins, ensuring that your body is able to perform optimally at the cellular level.
6. Improved Circulation: different health issues can impede circulation throughout your body, from arterial blockages to impingements and sluggish blood transport. The gentle heat generated in your body while in an infrared sauna can help clear blockages, release impingements and encourage healthy blood flow.
7. Lower Blood Pressure: whether your blood pressure is elevated due to stress or underlying health issues, a trip to an infrared sauna can help to reduce this issue. By helping to promote relaxation, working to release toxins, and providing gentle and comforting heat throughout your body, you can experience both immediate and longer-term reductions in your blood pressure.
8. Weight Loss: just like aerobic exercise increases your core temperature and heart rate to help shed pounds, the generated heat from an infrared sauna can also lead to burned off calories and weight loss. In addition, shedding toxins, improving underlying health issues like hormonal imbalances and reducing stress levels can also promote weight loss.
9. Wound Healing: enhanced circulation, disposed toxins, improved cellular health and optimized immune system responses are just some of the benefits that can be achieved through time spent in an infrared sauna – and all of those benefits can enable faster healing for both exposed injuries and internal wounds after surgical interventions.
Experience the Combined Benefits of Infrared Sauna and Massage Therapy in Salt Lake City, Utah
The advantages of therapeutic massage therapy are obvious and immediately felt: reduced muscle tension, heightened relaxation, broken up lactic deposits, and released endorphins. Those benefits can be maximized when a massage is paired with a complementary therapy, like an infrared sauna. Both therapies work to alleviate issues throughout your entire body and back-to-back appointments can both extend the period of time devoted to healing and the lasting aftereffect of the treatments. Experience this advanced healing for yourself by making an appointment for a massage and sauna experience Matrix Spa & Massage today