If you’re looking for the type of massage that has you feeling weightless, both physically and emotionally, the Swedish massage is for you. The Swedish massage is one of the most widely practiced and taught massage globally, and for a good reason: it fully revitalizes the mind, body, and soul. This is due to the fact that dopamine and serotonin, the happiness hormones, are set free through the tissues of the body, which result in an overall feeling of satisfaction and greater well-being. At Matrix Spa and Massage in Salt Lake City, our experienced and caring massage therapists offer the relaxation of a Swedish massage as well as a variety of other treatments to suit your needs.
Swedish Massage Techniques
During the daily stresses of our lives, our bodies respond by manufacturing a lot of stress hormones, which wreak havoc on our body and mind when left unattended. Physical aches and conditions such as digestive problems, inflammation, and loss of sleep start to occur. The goal of the Swedish massage is to significantly decrease the amount of stress hormone pooled up in the body, which leaves you with a relaxed, healed body and a clear mind that lasts long after the massage has finished.
The Swedish massage specializes in light to medium-pressure strokes that soothe the body and mind. These techniques also work spectacularly well for enhancing recovery after exercise, eliminating the built-up toxins in the muscles.
Swedish massages were specifically developed to be therapeutic as it slowly brings blood back to the core from the extremities without increasing the heart’s workload.
This massage is also beneficial for flexibility of the ligaments and tendons, relaxing the nerves and invigorating the skin.
Swedish Massage Benefits
Known as a more therapeutic, light massage, the Swedish massage has a myriad of health benefits.
Swedish Massage Physical Benefits
- Reduces anxiety
- Battles digestive disorders
- Relieves fibromyalgia
- Lessens the occurrence and intensity of headaches
- Relieves stress-related insomnia
- Relieves myofascial pain syndrome
- Lessens paresthesia and nerve pain
- Helps to heal soft tissue strains and injuries
- Enhances healing of sport-related injuries
- Relieves temporomandibular joint paint
- Relieves cramps and muscle spasms and decreases muscular fatigue
- Loosens tight muscles and stretches connective tissue
- Loosens joints, providing a wider range of motion
- Increases muscle strength
- Calms the nervous system
- Enhances blood circulation
- Tones up muscle and skin
The above help to provide you with overall better blood flow and a healthier glow of the skin to help fight against premature aging.
Swedish Massage Mental and Emotional Benefits
- Increased mental clarity
- Longer and more restful sleep
- Relief from stress, anxiety, irritability and depression
- Higher concentration
- Greater sense of overall well-being
Matrix Spa & Massage in Salt Lake City Utah
Our highly experienced and certified professional massage therapists are eager to help you experience the benefits of a serene Swedish massage. Don’t hesitate to contact Matrix Massage & Spa in Salt Lake City, Utah and find out what you’ve been missing. Schedule an appointment today by calling 801-799-4999.