First Massage… What Should You Expect?
It appears that many of you will be heading to the spa to enjoy your first massage with us. That’s great – you are about to enjoy a tranquil environment and a calming massage that will leave you relaxed and rejuvenated!
We want your first massage with Matrix to be a wonderful and relaxing experience, so don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions while you are with us. Our team members and your massage therapist will be more than happy to answer any questions you have for those of you who are professional massage newbies.
What Should I Do Before My Massage Appointment
- Wear comfortable clothing. Although, there is no dress code for a massage, we recommend attire that’s easy for you to slip back into once the massage is complete.
- When you call to book your appointment, specify if you prefer a male or female therapist so we can accommodate you.
- TURN OFF your phone. Silence is key to a relaxing massage environment.
- Hit the Loo. Prior restroom use is highly recommended, especially if you have a long massage scheduled.
- If you have a serious medical condition, such as cancer or heart disease or are pregnant, check with your doctor for approval. If you have a sunburn or are sick, reschedule your massage. Check the General Council for Massage Therapies (GCMT) for a complete list of contraindications.
When You First Arrive at Matrix Massage Spa and Massage
Once you arrive at Matrix Spa & Massage, you can park in our convenient private parking lot which sits just in front of our building off of 700 East.
- Upon entering the building you will be greeted by one of our friendly front desk staff and checked in for your appointment.
- If it’s your first time visiting us at Matrix, we will ask you to fill out a small client intake form and sign a liability waiver. The process takes just a few minutes.
- While waiting in our lobby, you will be offered some of our cold and refreshing chlorophyll water. Our chlorophyll water has a light minty taste and is known for its detoxification properties.
- If you will be using our private steam room, private sauna or shower, we will provide you with comfortable spa slippers to wear during your appointment. Your shoes may be tucked away in the lobby on our convenient shoe rack or you may take them with you to your massage room.
- Once your massage therapist comes and gets you, they will inquire why you are getting a massage and also ask you if there are any specific areas in which you are experiencing pain or would like to focus on.
Before Your Massage Begins
After your therapist comes and gets you from our calming waiting room, they will lead you to a room where your massage will take place. You will be shown where the restrooms are and given any extra information you may need for use of the facilities during your visit. The room will be a peaceful oasis where you can drop all stress and life’s concerns at the door. In the room there will be a massage table that has clean sheets and a blanket to keep you comfy and cozy. Get ready to enjoy a restorative massage experience that you won’t soon forget!
Once in the room, your therapist will also do a quick pre-massage interview with you to get more details on your specific requests that help will them to be more attentive and provide the best possible service. For all massages here at Matrix, your therapist will ask you to undress to your comfort level and lie on the massage table between two white sheets. The therapist will then leave the room so you may privately and comfortably undress. After a few minutes, your therapist will knock on the door and make sure you are appropriately covered. Once you are ready, the therapist will enter the room again and begin the massage.
One detail to know during your massage is that the top sheet will always cover you throughout your massage experience. Your massage therapist is trained to only uncover the part of the body they are massaging. Modesty is important and our massage therapist prides themselves on making you feel comfortable throughout your massage experience.
What Type of Massage Should I Get?
Swedish massage is the most common type of massage and highly recommended to first-timers. Consider How much time you have to determine the best massage for you. We have 30, 60, and 90-minute massage sessions, and offer many types of massage. If you’re nervous about your first massage bring a spouse, friend or family member to share the experience with you in a couple’s massage.
During Your Massage
As your massage therapist slowly works on certain parts of your body, they will monitor your comfort by applying the right massage pressure. They will also customize your message based on the needs you discussed. Your therapist is a top massage therapist of Utah that has years of healing experience. It is there goal to help you feel as comfortable as possible during your massage.
During your massage, you will enjoy a relaxing and peaceful environment that will include a heated blanket underneath the sheet, a padded massage table and serene music playing in the background. If you’d rather not have music playing or the heated blanket on, let your massage therapist know and they will be happy to accommodate you.
Getting the Most Out of Your Massage
As your massage therapist begins to massage you, just relax. You’ll find that letting go is easy as you listen to the music and feel the tension in your muscles fade away. You’ll also love that your relaxing massage is helping you accomplish a better state of mind. Remember to take deep breaths here and there to help release any remaining tension.
- Communication – You can relax and don’t have to talk if you’d prefer that. However, please speak up if the pressure is too much or too little or if you’d like a little extra time spent in a certain spot. It’s NOT rude to tell your therapist when they hit a tender spot. This will help ensure your happiness with the massage. Tell your massage therapist you are apprehensive or if you have any concerns
- RELAX – This may be easier said than done for some folks. We recommend keeping your eyes closed, but it’s not required. Focus on your breathing by taking big breaths in and out. Envision something positive or focus on how the massage feels and remind yourself how good massage is for you.
- Food – Don’t eat just before your session, but also don’t come hungry.
- Clothing – Only undress to your comfort level.
- Music – Music is played during the massage session. If you find this distracting, let your massage therapist know your music preferences or if you would prefer silence instead.
- Aftercare – Avoid feeling lightheaded by refraining from getting up too quickly afterward. Drink water and follow the next steps.
After Your Massage
After your massage (and/or other services) your therapist will tell you when the massage is over and will leave the room so that you may get dressed. The therapist will meet you outside your massage room with some water and go over any suggestions they may have so that you can continue to feel your best.
Your therapist will then lead you back to the lobby where the front desk staff will be waiting to hear how you enjoyed your experience and ask for any feedback. Here at Matrix we care about our clients and always will provide your with the best customer experience possible. Once you are all checked out, the front desk can answer any questions you might have and inquire if there is any other way we may be of assistance to you.
To experience your first rejuvenating and relaxing massage, come to Matrix Spa & Massage! We can’t wait to see you. We also have coupons on our website, so be sure to take a look before booking your first massage appointment.
Thank you for choosing Matrix Massage & Spa!