When pregnant, many women think that they just have to put up with all of the pains and misery that generally come along with carrying a child. However, many of the most uncomfortable side effects of pregnancy can be eased or even eliminated with a prenatal massage. Learn how a pregnancy massage can both ease your pain and actually make the delivery process easier for you.
What is a Prenatal Massage?
The professionals at a pregnancy massage center know the steps to take to reduce your pain while also keeping you and your baby safe. Prenatal massage is aimed at relieving the aches and symptoms associated with pregnancy in a safe manner. The prenatal massage specialists at Matrix Massage & Spa know how to relieve pain without you needing to lie on your stomach and in a way that won’t induce labor. In essence, getting a massage during pregnancy from one of our trained prenatal massage therapists is completely safe and aimed specifically at relieving pregnancy pains.
Benefits of Prenatal Massage
Massages during pregnancy do a great deal more than just relieve a bit of muscle pain. In addition to eliminating the pain in your muscles and joints, a pregnancy back massage can also:
- Reduce stress. Massages can reduce stress-causing hormones such as norepinephrine and cortisol while increasing “feel-good” hormones such as serotonin and dopamine.
- Improve circulation. When you’re pregnant, you need to control the flow of blood and oxygen to two people instead of one. Prenatal massage helps to improve this flow. Improved circulation can also reduce swelling and reduce tingling in your extremities.
- Improve respiration. Pregnancy causes postural changes and the pressure on your diaphragm – both of which can make it harder to breathe. Getting a pregnancy massage at Matrix Massage & Spa can counteract these factors to help you breathe normally.
- Reduce progesterone. Progesterone can cause your sinuses to get clogged and your digestive tract to not work as well. If you’re feeling congested, constipated, bloated, or nauseous, our prenatal massage therapists can help.
- Eliminate a variety of pains. In addition to muscle pain, prenatal massage treats nerve pain, carpal tunnel, headaches, restless leg syndrome, sciatic pain, ligament pain, and more.
- Make labor easier. Prenatal massages improve your body’s flexibility, which helps when it comes time to give birth. The masseuses at our prenatal massage center can even help to induce labor if you’ve reached full term but your little one doesn’t want to come out.
With all this in mind, it’s easy to see how massage and pregnancy go hand in hand.
Relieve Pregnancy Pains by Receiving a Prenatal Massage at Matrix Spa & Massage in SLC
Do you live in Utah and want to find a pregnancy massage near me? If you are searching for a prenatal massage near me, visit the friendly team at Matrix Massage & Spa. Our massage therapists are specially trained in safe and effective ways to perform pregnancy massages. We are passionate about improving the health of pregnant women and their unborn children in and around Salt Lake City, Utah. Contact Matrix Spa & Massage today to schedule an appointment for a massage or to learn more about the benefits of a prenatal massage.