Massage for Fibromyalgia Pain
The widespread chronic pain, mood changes and fatigue associated with fibromyalgia (FM) can be devastating for those suffering from this complex disorder. With a broad range of potential causes, varied treatment methods and risk factors; symptoms are sometimes difficult to diagnose and treat. Tender and painful trigger points can be relieved through a combination of treatments including lifestyle changes, medication and massage therapies proven to reduce pain and disability. Incorporating personalized massage therapy treatments with your current care strategy is a highly effective and safe way to manage the amplified sensitivity and pain signals that are well-known to FM sufferers.
Diagnosing and Treating Fibromyalgia in the US
Fibromyalgia affects around 2% of the adult population in the US. Those with fibromyalgia have abnormal pain perception processing that makes them more sensitive to pain than others. While the cause is unknown, there are several treatment options that can effectively treat this complex condition for daily pain management. Massage Therapy is commonly recommended by healthcare professionals for fibromyalgia treatment in combination with other treatments that may include:
- Medication – prescription drugs and over-the-counter pain relievers
- Stress Management – meditation and yoga are encouraged for stress relief
- Exercise – regular exercise from aerobics to muscle strengthening is highly recommended
- Treatment of Underlying Conditions – diagnosing and treating underlying mental health conditions
Fibromyalgia Pain Management with Individualized Massage Therapies
The caring professionals at Matrix Spa & Massage will personalize a massage therapy plan depending on your trigger points and level of sensitivity. Various forms of massage can target chronic pain, stress management and improve your mental health. As one of the oldest forms of healthcare, experienced massage therapists understand the incredible benefits of massage for reducing stress, improving range of motion and encouraging your body’s own natural pain medication. Common massage therapies used for fibromyalgia treatment include:
- Reflexology – Bilateral massage at reflex points on the hands and feet of fibromyalgia patients help tender trigger points loosen up and increase pain tolerance. Many individuals suffering from fibromyalgia prefer Reflexology because painful areas that are too sensitive to touch can be targeted through the connected pressure points of the hands and feet.
- Swedish Massage – The gentle application of circular movements, long smooth strokes and kneading in combination with stress-reducing essential oils provides fibromyalgia sufferers instant relief to tired, aching muscles. During your Swedish massage, communication with your trained and compassionate massage therapist will help avoid sensitive trigger points.
- Hot Stone Massage – The comforting warmth of a Hot Stone massage for fibromyalgia patients offers warm, comforting pressure to induce a calming and serene experience. Hot stones are placed on certain pressure points of your head and body to promote balance to your body’s energy centers to loosen tight muscles. The soothing warmth and weight of the stones will leave you with a sense of overall wellness and mental clarity.
Matrix Spa & Massage for Fibromyalgia Pain Relief in Salt Lake City, Utah
With a clinically significant improvement in FIQ-R scores, countless fibromyalgia sufferers have turned to gently, therapeutic massage for pain relief and stress reduction. On-going massage therapy will provide continual relief, so you can do the things you want, pain-free! Matrix Massage & Spa in Utah will work with you to develop a personalized massage treatment plan to boost serotonin and dopamine levels and reduce fibromyalgia pain, anxiety, and depression. Click here to take advantage of money-saving coupons and spa packages.